Q3 Ball Cube
A quick monitoring system for CMMs (Coordinate Measuring Machines).
Range of Application
- The Q3 Ball Cube provides 28 distances provide significant results on the measuring accuracy of volumetric measurements, especially when using multi-axis or swivel stylus probe systems.
- Fast measuring cycles allow monitoring with little impact on the availability of the CMM.
- If the Ball Cube is used as a monitoring standard, a calibration is unnecessary. In this case the results from rotational monitoring measurements are referred to the initial measurement of the cube after carrying out a complete calibration of the CMM.
- Use of the Q3 Ball Cube can reduce the costs of inspection equipment monitoring significantly. Re-calibration intervals for CMMs can be clearly extended as long as the ball cube inspection does not show any unacceptable deviations.
- Extremely rigid carbon fiber tube construction with stainless steel angle joints for short- and long-term stability.
- The specially manufactured carbon fiber tubes are free from any variation in length caused by humidity and provide maximum stiffness with low weight.
- The combination of carbon fiber tubes and stainless steel angle joints guarantees a low coefficient of thermal expansion.
- The probing elements are highly precise ceramic balls of AI2O3.
- Low weight and easy handling
- GUK-Q evaluation software
|Nominal Lengths Provided:||300, 424 and 520mm||400, 566 and 693mm||600, 849 and 1039mm|
|Sphere Diameter:||30mm Standard, other diameters on request|
|Coefficient of Thermal Expansion:||3.6 x 10-6 K-1||2.7 x 10-6 K-1||1.7 x 10-6 K-1|
Applicable SIC Codes: 3423, 3545, 5049, 5084 Applicable NAICS Codes: 332212, 333515, 423490, 423830