Solutions Group® Design and Shop Services
Paul W. Marino Gages, Inc. offers a complete CAD/CAM design department specializing in, but not limited to, fixture and gage design. With state of the art workstations we are able to service our customers with native UniGraphics NX, AutoCAD 2003, Mechanical Desktop 6.0 and CATIA v4/v5 design formats. PWMG also has the most up-to-date translation software, allowing our customers to provide us almost any CAD format. We also offer translation services.
Accurate checking or holding fixtures can be built in a relatively short time compared to conventional methods. We will provide a complete parts list as well as costs of assembly, machining time (if required) and CMM certification.
Design Types: Fixtures/Gages | Environmental Cubes | Prototype Holding Jigs | Body Armatures | Assembly Tooling | Specialty Tooling | Core/Gravity Creation | CNC Surface/Tool Path Generation
Design Software: UniGraphics NX | CATIA v4/v5 | AutoCAD 2003
Translation: UniGraphics | CATIA v4/v5 | PRO-E | AutoCAD | Solid Works | STEP | IGES | Parasolid | IDEAS
PWMs staff has the expertise and the experience to provide quick and accurate assembly of all fixture components. Over 18 years of experience working with modular tooling has made us familiar with the most efficient and effective construction methods.
PWMs quality control department includes two CMM systems - one has more than 2,587 square feet of measuring area. We use highly accurate Mora CMMs for certification procedures; our machines are periodically monitored for precision by checking them against world-class reference masters.
All PWM components are made "in-house." These include Hollows, grid plates, blank blocks, machined detail blocks, clamping mechanisms, wheel attachments and more. Our shop is equipped to handle almost any manufacturing task.
Shop Equipment Overview:
- 2 Fadal CNC 917-1 with a 40" x 20" x 20" vertical capacity
- 3 Fadal CNC 901-1 with an 80" x 30" x 20" vertical capacity
- 2 Hardinge CNC with a 40" x 20" x 20" vertical capacity
- 1 TaChen CNC 45" x 32-51" Dual Pallet Full 4 axis horizontal
- 6 milling machines (knee-type) with readouts and risers
- 1 Emco Compact 10 lathe
- 1 KSI Swiss Turning Center
- 1 W.F. Wells horizontal saw
- 1 Kalamazoo automatic horizontal saw with auto cut-off
- 2 band saws (Powermatic, Delta)
- 1 Delta 10" tilting arbor saw
- 1 Tennsmith press brake, 48" / 1.2m
- 1 Tennsmith roll, 48" / 1/2m
- 1 Tennsmith shear, 48" / 1.2m
- 1 Mora CMM, manual 5' x 10'
- 1 Mora CMM with auto check and manual arms, 24' X | 14' Y | 6' Z (6.5m X | 3.5m Y | 1.8m Z)
- 12 granite plates, 5' x 10'
General Shop Equipment:
- 1 6" x 18" surface grinder
- 1 Delta disc and belt sander
- 1 Trinco sand and abrasive bead blaster
- 2 Powermatic drill presses
- 2 Baldor bench grinders
- 1 Mill TIG welder
- 2 welding torch sets
- Assorted power and hand tools